Saturday, October 11, 2008

Czech it again! Praha installment 2!

Hello again from Prague! SO much has happened already today and it's only just past 3 in the afternoon here!

So last night I walked the city streets of Prague which are gorgeously lit up. I had a conversation with a Czech girl who work at a Starbucks here (yes, even here). I asked if she was from the States because she had a perfect American accent but she informed me that she was native to Praha but she had lived in Oregon for a short time and learned English. She got all excited when I told her I go to school in the Northwest and that I was from California. She said she'd kill to switch places with my life! I told her I'd gladly switch because I find Prague absolutely captivating and she didn't understand how. We come from such different worlds yet we both want to find some distant far off place to belong to--there's always some place we'd rather be no matter where we are from.

In the morning I met up with Caitlin and her friend, Kate, who is studying along with her in Hungary! We've had a jam packed day so far filled with more beautiful park sights, some cool Jewish Synagogues, and Prague Castle! I will fill in the details later....because my friends are waiting on me.....so another installment is to come!

peace from Praha!

No comments: