Saturday, June 21, 2008

An Update & Some Sadness

Hey it's been crazy lately so I haven't written a summer update in a while. I started staff training at Tall Timber and it's been AMAZING. I love all the staff and we're a really fun bunch so I think this summer is going to be extremely tiring but a wonderful opportunity to impact the lives of some kids and grow deeper in personal relationships. It was on day four or so of training that my aunt, uncle, cousins and I were suddenly informed of my grandma's passing, so we hopped on a plane and have flown back to california. It's weird being home again and especially for such an occasion. The service was yesterday and it went really well. It was small, but everyone there really genuinely loved my grandma. Grandpa is going through a rough time but it's been good for the family to be spending time all together. Unfortunately, Jessie is in Kneya right now and can't be here which is really too bad, I miss her a lot and I know how special grandma was to her. Today we are having a family BBQ at our house and Grandpa is coming over and we are going to have a slideshow/picture time with him and tell stories about grandma. Sunday, we will be flying back into Seattle then drigin back to camp in leavenworth. I have very limited internet access there and a crazy hectic schedule so I can't update my life very often for you all. But the camp address is on my Facebook so if you want to send me postcards, letters, or anything really that would be awesome!

peace & love

1 comment:

KN said...

Condolences, that sucks. Perhaps we'll stop by your mom's place to or from Big Sur in July.