Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mancherò il Milano? Pazzo, ma vero.

It suddenly dawned on me today that I'm going to miss living in Italy more than I expected. Now that I've grown accustomed to its ways, the chaos, the infamous "Italy factor", I feel comfortable, natural here, going about daily routines. It's cool to see how far I've come in adapting. I have a month left here and I want to enjoy it all--the food, the people, the language, the culture. Adjusting back to life in the States will be strange I'm sure--especially since I only have 12 days at home in California before heading back up to Whitworth. My entire abroad experiecnce will feel like some kind of semester long whirlwind, and I expect it will be difficult to transition back and having to explain my experiences, but no one but me will truly understand what I've experienced. It's been a personal journey for me, one of growth and resilience. And not to mention that I'm going to miss being able to hop on a chaep flight every weekend and travel somewhere new in a matter of minutes, hours. The States is way too big for my liking.


Ciao, mi amici!

p.s. One of my Italian literature profs has no idea who Dr. Seuss is (someone mentioned him in class) and that is just a pity.

No comments: