Thursday, August 14, 2008

6 more days

I arrived back home in hot sunny California on monday and have been sick with a nasty headcold. Hopefully I will be fully recovered by the time I depart for the trip! I've been laying low while home feeling incredibly lazy, but hey, at least I'm watching the olympics so I don't feel too bad about it. I haven't spent much time processing the summer yet. I don't feel like doing anything academic whatsoever so I don't feel like school should be starting up again--which makes everything feel even weirder that I'm not going back to Whitworth for the entire semester. This summer I was surrounded with such a loving and supportive community of great people and now all of a sudden I'm going to be dropped into the middle of a bustling city where I don't know anyone and I don't even know the language--that's a bit scary but also exciting. I'm at the stage now where the packing process must begin and now it's seeming more and more real that I'm actually leaving. I suck at packing so hopefully I can think light! It's crazy how much I'm noticing all around me, whether it's in the media, or architecture, or at stores, restaurants, how much I can see Italian influences in our culture. It's everywhere! And I feel absolutely blessed that I have the opportunity to see the real thing!

So I meant to learn some basic Italian phrases this summer. I didn't have any time so I learned nothign. uh oh. oh well.

No comments: